The perfect stuffing to complement our fantastic GMO, Antibiotic and Hormone Free Snyder Heritage Farm premium whole turkeys.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter plus more for baking dish
- 1 pound good-quality day-old white bread, torn into 1" pieces (about 10 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/2 cups 1/4" slices celery
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Butter a 13x9x2" baking dish and set aside.
- Scatter bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until dried out, about 1 hour.
- Let cool; transfer to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt 3/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and celery. Stir often until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add to bowl with bread; stir in herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle in 1 1/4 cups broth and toss gently.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups broth and eggs in a small bowl.
- Add to bread mixture; fold gently until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to prepared dish, cover with foil, and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of dressing registers 160°F, about 40 minutes.
- Dressing can be made 1 day ahead.
- Uncover; let cool.
- Cover; chill.
- Bake dressing, uncovered, until set and top is browned and crisp, 40-45 minutes longer (if chilled, add 10-15 minutes).